Wednesday, May 25, 2011

平安神官のキーリング A Keychain from Heian Shrine

You might think I'm cheating a little with this one. While technically not a omamori, this key chain DID come from the grounds of Heian shrine. When I visited there, I balked a little bit at the omamori prices. I don't mind paying extra for charms that are unique, and I like the metal charms more than the traditional bags, but Heian's selection has made me frown every time I've gone. This keychain came from a machine where you could stamp your name and the date on the other side.

Despite what people think, Heian shrine was not actually built during the Heian period, but in 1895 to commemorate Kyoto's anniversary. The shrine is a smaller replica of the original Kyoto palace, and a burst of color... oranges and bright greens.

No comments:

Post a Comment